Well, here I am again. I HATE that I have lost so much of my life by not writing about it! We have so enjoyed going back through my blog and reading about fun times had as a family, and I have totally let that slip. But NO MORE I SAY!!! I am determined to write at least a couple of times a week. Even if Jack didn't do something funny, or I don't feel like the day was particularly monumental, I want my kids to remember the wonderful life we have together, so I will write about it all!
So to start off this new and improved blogging me, I will write about my not so great idea. As a mom I truly feel that many of my family activity ideas are inspired. I thought this one was inspired but it didn't turn out so great. Here's how it went down.
ME to myself: Hmmm what should we do for FHE tonight?
Me answering myself: Well, the banister has been half painted for 4 months and it really needs to be finished. Why not teach the family that working together can really build a family.
Me picturing a perfect bonding moment
What really happened: Paint drips, Paint globs, Jack and Ellie fighting over what brushes they got. Lots of paint on the carpet...(good thing we are replacing it soon) Me realizing that the banister isn't going to be looking so good. Me sad that the banister isn't going to be looking so good. Jack having a blast, and feeling like a big helper, (six year olds aren't really perfectionist) Me accepting that the banister isn't going to be looking so good. Me thinking, next FHE we will just play Apples to Apples.
I will finish the banister tomorrow...or next month...or maybe I like it half black and half white. :-)
Now I think he's going to try and take the roller by force. Good times, good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment