As Jack and I were sitting on the floor playing with trucks, I found myself feeling tired. I saw that Jack was engrossed with his own little game so I closed my eyes for a minute. I didn't mean to fall asleep but when sounds of truck playing turned into silence I knew I had dozed off. I woke up with a start and realized Jack wasn't there. I called to him. He came running in and I noticed he was covered in a white substance. "What is all over your clothes?" I asked. Jack looked down at his shirt and then back up at me and said in a "matter of fact" sort of way, "Well...you supposed to be watching me." What the??? How does he know he can use my guilt against me? I laughed...hard.
A few other cute Jackisms...
While I was doing my hair Jack came in all furrow browed and with his arms folded asked. "Mom, why do you trap me in here?" When I realized he was asking me this after he had attempted (after seeing that I was pre occupied with getting ready for the day) to escape the house and go outside. His efforts had been thwarted by our child safety door handles.
A couple of days ago I was playing a game with Jack. I would give him three instructions and then he would carry them out. (simple, but fun)
"Ok Jack. Go touch the front door, then come back and give me a hug, then stand on one foot and say "I love my Mom!"
Jack ran away excitedly to touch the front door. Then he ran back and gave me a hug. Then he looked at his feet and placed his right foot on top of his left foot..(so technically he was standing on one foot) and yelled "I love my Mom!"
He is such an adorable creature that I can't get enough of!!!
A few other cute Jackisms...
While I was doing my hair Jack came in all furrow browed and with his arms folded asked. "Mom, why do you trap me in here?" When I realized he was asking me this after he had attempted (after seeing that I was pre occupied with getting ready for the day) to escape the house and go outside. His efforts had been thwarted by our child safety door handles.
A couple of days ago I was playing a game with Jack. I would give him three instructions and then he would carry them out. (simple, but fun)
"Ok Jack. Go touch the front door, then come back and give me a hug, then stand on one foot and say "I love my Mom!"
Jack ran away excitedly to touch the front door. Then he ran back and gave me a hug. Then he looked at his feet and placed his right foot on top of his left foot..(so technically he was standing on one foot) and yelled "I love my Mom!"
He is such an adorable creature that I can't get enough of!!!
3 comments:
he is a smarty!
He's so cute! Looks like he's got his mom's wit.
I meant to tell you Jack was the perfect baby last week. He is one happy kid and has lots of sunshine and cleverness in his soul!
Post a Comment