This is a story I have shared at parties or with friends, but I haven't ever written it down....
This is something my sister Mindy said when she was a young teen. Because Mindy is older than I am I didn't understand why it made my parents laugh so hard. I understand now.
When our family moved from the big city, (Orem) to the small farming city of Delta, Mindy looked out her car window. As we passed the fields of Alf alfa she said, "It's so cool to see all the farmers out on their concubines."
She meant to say combines.
This is something my sister Mindy said when she was a young teen. Because Mindy is older than I am I didn't understand why it made my parents laugh so hard. I understand now.
When our family moved from the big city, (Orem) to the small farming city of Delta, Mindy looked out her car window. As we passed the fields of Alf alfa she said, "It's so cool to see all the farmers out on their concubines."
She meant to say combines.

5 comments:
Ha Ha! I forgot about that. But let's for sure not put that in a Spinners movie. There would be a lot of explaining to do. ;]
One time when I was in Biology we were learning about yeast and I came home and told Amy that yeast was a living enema. I meant a living entity.
Mindy, I think it's very sweet that you wanted to tell Amy about what you learned in Biology class that day. :)
Awesome! It reminds me of something a nephew said recently. His school teacher was overdue. He came home from school and announced that the doctor was going to seduce his teacher the next day.
tee hee!
That's awesome! ...concubines....:)
I hope you don't mind...I gave you full credit. It just so happened that this story fit into my sunday school lesson for my 16 year old class. We were in the BOM in Jacob where the Nephites are in trouble for having concubines. I haven't received any phone calls from parents, the kids laughed hard!
Post a Comment