Tuesday, December 6, 2011

She's wearing her Dad's genes

Casie came home from school today and announced that she had got the high score on her math test.  In fact her teacher announced, "The whole class will need to retake the math test, except for Casie.  She got 19 out of 22 and some of you got 2 out of 22."  So proud her!  I can't take an ounce of credit though.  For example she needed help on some math homework last night.  She came up to me and said, "Where's Dad?"  I told her he had fallen asleep with Jack.  She disappointingly said, "Oh" and walked away.  She has learned it's futile to come to me with math papers.  Sorry Casie.  I hope I can contribute to your upbringing in different ways.  She was up early this morning and I helped her out by awaking the slumbering math whiz who was sweet enough, in the wee hours of the morn, to help her out.  

6 comments:

Mom M. said...

...she didn't get it from her grandma, either! But I do have very SMART math children. Way to go CASIE!

Linda Barton said...

my kids surpassed my math abilities in the 9th grade...I'm not gonna lie, it hurt. Jared is in some crazy College course, at least I can still cook dinner for them....
Good job Casie!!

Mindy said...

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who get math and those who don't.

Mom said...

HA! Great one, Mindy! :-)

I'm offended Jill! You didn't credit her aunt for her math ability! ;-)

Great job, Casie!

Alli said...

That's great, Casie! You are truly amazing. :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard there is a new kind of math being taught now - newer than the new math taught maybe 20 years ago. I have a teacher friend who stays up late each night tying to learn it. What can be new about
2+4=7!
Mom