Jack is quite the little sponge. He is getting smarter by the second. This evening he overheard me getting frustrated with Ellie because she keeps hitting. I threatened her by saying, "Fine Ellie, if you keep hitting I will make a shirt for you that says, "I hit three year olds" and make you wear it to school." Casie and Annie thought that was funny and we ended up making (in our minds) shirts that I would "make" the girls wear to school. Annie's shirt would say, "I don't know how to close the kitchen cupboards," Casie's shirt would say, "I wet my pants." (she doesn't really, but we thought it would be a funny shirt.) So anyway, when I put Jack to bed tonight, he started asking me for a drink of water. I tried to convince him that he didn't need a drink...(because I was on the brink of falling asleep and didn't feel like getting up.) After hearing me deny his request for a drink he said, "Fine..I will make you a shirt that says, "I don't listen". It made me laugh. It also made me wake up enough to go get him a drink.
Another funny thing Jack does is tattle by saying, "Mom, Ellie teached me potty words." or "Mom Annie teached me to say kill." It's hilarious because he acts like his free will is taken away and he has no choice but to used the words his sisters "teached" him. Yesterday he was sitting on the stairs playing by himself when he called up to me. "Mom, is it ok to teach myself to say stupid?"
What an entertaining boy we have.
Another funny thing Jack does is tattle by saying, "Mom, Ellie teached me potty words." or "Mom Annie teached me to say kill." It's hilarious because he acts like his free will is taken away and he has no choice but to used the words his sisters "teached" him. Yesterday he was sitting on the stairs playing by himself when he called up to me. "Mom, is it ok to teach myself to say stupid?"
What an entertaining boy we have.
7 comments:
he puts a smile on my face...you will be glad you have these things written down for his children to read.....sure do love him
what a funny, smart kid.
I think all parents could be made to wear the I don't listen shirt. Maybe he's on to something. . .
That is so funny. Love this age!
I want one of those shirts.
What a kid!
Yes, you can teach yourself to say stupid, but you can also teach yourself to not say stupid!
I love how honest kids are at this age with their thoughts. How fun!
That's hilarious! I love the shirt ideas, those made me laugh! :)
Post a Comment