It's 1:15 am. I can NOT sleep! I have too many thoughts running through my head. So instead of staring at the ceiling, I will spew them onto this blog.
WARNING: I do not guarantee any entertainment value to the sentences that lie ahead. Nor do I vouch for their cohesiveness, spelling, grammar, or content. Remember, it is 1 in the morning.
Right now I am wondering if I should get Casie braces. Her teeth are already fairly straight. Do they NEED to be perfect in order for her to have a happy life? Do I really think it's worth 4 grand to straighten "mostly straight" teeth? Am I sending her the message that perfection is the only beauty out there? She is beautiful now! She hasn't been begging me for braces, I just thought it's what you do. We did a consult with the Orthodontist and I left thinking she needed braces for SURE...but now that I think about it, does it really matter if her molars line up? Does it matter that her teeth aren't all the same height?
Dear future Casie,
If you are reading this and screaming at the page/screen " YES! YES it does matter Mom! My live has been a living nightmare because my left canine tooth was 1/8 of a millimeter longer than my right." "I never married and had a family because I had a slight overbite!!!" Then all I can say is..."oopsie" Or you could always invent a time machine and come back to August 5th 2011 and set me straight...(no pun intended) But then again, if you invented a time machine, you could probably pay for your own braces.
Love your Insomniac Mother..Jill.
yawn...I guess we are all spared the rest of my thoughts. I am tired now!!
WARNING: I do not guarantee any entertainment value to the sentences that lie ahead. Nor do I vouch for their cohesiveness, spelling, grammar, or content. Remember, it is 1 in the morning.
Right now I am wondering if I should get Casie braces. Her teeth are already fairly straight. Do they NEED to be perfect in order for her to have a happy life? Do I really think it's worth 4 grand to straighten "mostly straight" teeth? Am I sending her the message that perfection is the only beauty out there? She is beautiful now! She hasn't been begging me for braces, I just thought it's what you do. We did a consult with the Orthodontist and I left thinking she needed braces for SURE...but now that I think about it, does it really matter if her molars line up? Does it matter that her teeth aren't all the same height?
Dear future Casie,
If you are reading this and screaming at the page/screen " YES! YES it does matter Mom! My live has been a living nightmare because my left canine tooth was 1/8 of a millimeter longer than my right." "I never married and had a family because I had a slight overbite!!!" Then all I can say is..."oopsie" Or you could always invent a time machine and come back to August 5th 2011 and set me straight...(no pun intended) But then again, if you invented a time machine, you could probably pay for your own braces.
Love your Insomniac Mother..Jill.
yawn...I guess we are all spared the rest of my thoughts. I am tired now!!
8 comments:
I thought she already had braces awhile back
p.s. Notice the time...I can's sleep either
She has a beautiful smile. I had braces after my mission (so now isn't her only chance). Mine were to correct my bite since I already had mostly straight teeth. In fact, I purposely made them allow my one turned tooth to stay that way because I think it gives my smile something unique and individual.
I think you've made the right choice.
I've got the same thoughts about Camille. They look fine to me! No matter what you choose seems like everything bad that happens is ALL MOM'S FAULT. :) She can always get braces when she's 25 and has a real job, and pays for them herself? Sorry, I'm not helpful.
I think Casie's teeth are great! I always had "mostly straight" teeth too, but you know I had one that I always noticed in pictures. I never liked it. Thus, at 37 years old I am getting my braces off in about a month. Maybe you should talk to her and see how she feels about it. If she's okay without them, great! If she really feels like she'll benefit from them, Cha Ching! :)
Now go take a nap!
I also thought she already had braces. When we were young people only got braces if it was really obvious that their teeth looked bad and nowadays everyone seems to get them. I like a little character, but I understand the dilemma. Let me know what you decide...I'm sure I'll be having to deal with all that soon! BTW- I had braces only on the top for one year and my bite is TERRIBLE...I practiced biting straight (uncomfortable, but looked good) in the mirror so the orthodontist would take them off. He couldn't tell the difference, and my jaw does hurt occasionally now, but maybe that's just because I am getting old and not because I didn't wear braces for a few extra months! :)
Give me one orthodontist on the face of this planet that will let someone walk out of their office without telling them they need braces and I'll...well I don't really have to tell you what I'll do because you'll never find one.
Don't stress. If she decides later she'd like them, she can do it! My mom got braces at 50 :)
Post a Comment