I don't think I have even mentioned on this blog that Ellie and I were in a play. Well, we were. And now it's done. :-) We closed last night. It was Oliver.
I hadn't planned on auditioning for Oliver, but Ellie really wanted to do it. As I sat in her audition I kept asking myself "Why are you not doing this?" On a whim I grabbed an audition form and tried out. I ended up getting the role as Nancy. We both had such a great time in the show. There are some AMAZING people in our community. I was blown away by the talent I saw. But what impressed me even more was the kindness I saw and felt from those around me. It was really a family atmosphere and I loved it. It was such an honor to be associated with them for the short six weeks it took to put the show on.
Because I need to analyze, I will say that it's probably a good thing the show is over. Although playing the role as Nancy was a dream come true for me...(I mean seriously, I got some awesome solo's, AND I got killed at the end. Fun stuff for an actress!...) Theatre has a sneaky way of making me a little selfish. I don't think it's too healthy to have all that focus all the time! I am looking forward to leaving my Nancy role behind and falling back into my most important role as wife and mother.
Plus, I am sure my house was starting to wonder if I would ever scrub it's toilets again...or vacuum...or dust.
PS I got a CD of our show with over 2000 pictures on it. They must be HUGE files because I can't get them to upload. I will say that after browsing through all these photos, I am seriously considering never singing again. I am telling myself that the photographer just happened to click on me the ONE (or seven) times during all my numbers that I looked like I was going to spew.
I hadn't planned on auditioning for Oliver, but Ellie really wanted to do it. As I sat in her audition I kept asking myself "Why are you not doing this?" On a whim I grabbed an audition form and tried out. I ended up getting the role as Nancy. We both had such a great time in the show. There are some AMAZING people in our community. I was blown away by the talent I saw. But what impressed me even more was the kindness I saw and felt from those around me. It was really a family atmosphere and I loved it. It was such an honor to be associated with them for the short six weeks it took to put the show on.
Because I need to analyze, I will say that it's probably a good thing the show is over. Although playing the role as Nancy was a dream come true for me...(I mean seriously, I got some awesome solo's, AND I got killed at the end. Fun stuff for an actress!...) Theatre has a sneaky way of making me a little selfish. I don't think it's too healthy to have all that focus all the time! I am looking forward to leaving my Nancy role behind and falling back into my most important role as wife and mother.
Plus, I am sure my house was starting to wonder if I would ever scrub it's toilets again...or vacuum...or dust.
PS I got a CD of our show with over 2000 pictures on it. They must be HUGE files because I can't get them to upload. I will say that after browsing through all these photos, I am seriously considering never singing again. I am telling myself that the photographer just happened to click on me the ONE (or seven) times during all my numbers that I looked like I was going to spew.
6 comments:
The good news is that being a wife and mom will humble you right up.
And you were so great! I'm proud to know you.
I wish we could have seen it. Kinley was duely inpressed and commented about it a lot...thats saying something seeing how she is 14 :}
WHAT???? You were supposed to let me know when it was!
Bummed I missed it.
congrats.
I loved the play- you were great! I really enjoy reading your blog! :) I'm sad that we missed Ellie in it. Hope to see you and your family again soon, Casie's party was REALLY fun! :D
I'm glad that you could be in the play!
You were at your absolute best. If a talent scout was in the audience, you'd be swept away to Hollywood - or a cruise ship or Broadway!
Mom
My husband and I saw the show and both of us were impressed with what a wonderful job you did as Nancy. He was in a production of Oliver with West Jordan several years ago (as Mr. Sowerberry), and really enjoyed the South Jordan production. We also did A Midsummer Night's Dream last year with SJCT and really enjoyed the people. They have a great bunch of people to work with.
Post a Comment