We are having a problem with ants. I don't blame them for coming to my house. My children and their messy messy ways provide a perfect hunting ground for these little fellas. I usually will see a swarm (do ants swarm?) of them on a crust of bread and pull out my vacuum and suck them up. After doing such a vacuuming one day, a thought crossed my mind. What if ants could write in journals? I started to giggle to myself when these words came to mind.....I now read to you from the Book of Ant. Chapter 1 verse 1.
Chapter 1
1.And it came to pass that we did gather in the land bountiful. Yea, a land abundant in milk and honey and pieces of angel hair pasta. And we did praise and rejoice, for our bounty was great. And we did labor with our legs and did work all the day to gather our harvest in.
2. And it came to pass that there arose a great and terrible storm. And there was tempest and wild winds. Yea many were carried off. And wither they went, know man knoweth.
I don't know why that made me laugh...but it did. I also don't know if there will be further chapters and verses in the Book of Ant (BOA), but I will say that the spider that lived in my washing machine certainly must have had a tale to tell as well. We shall see....
PS After I vacuumed up his comrades I saw a lone ant wandering aimlessly across my tile. I swear I heard him say his tiny ant voice, " Wither I go, it mattereth not......"
Chapter 1
1.And it came to pass that we did gather in the land bountiful. Yea, a land abundant in milk and honey and pieces of angel hair pasta. And we did praise and rejoice, for our bounty was great. And we did labor with our legs and did work all the day to gather our harvest in.
2. And it came to pass that there arose a great and terrible storm. And there was tempest and wild winds. Yea many were carried off. And wither they went, know man knoweth.
I don't know why that made me laugh...but it did. I also don't know if there will be further chapters and verses in the Book of Ant (BOA), but I will say that the spider that lived in my washing machine certainly must have had a tale to tell as well. We shall see....
PS After I vacuumed up his comrades I saw a lone ant wandering aimlessly across my tile. I swear I heard him say his tiny ant voice, " Wither I go, it mattereth not......"
11 comments:
That poor little ant.
Do you ever see three ants just sort of appear out of nowhere and help the other ants fix their flat tires?
that is awesome. Thanks for the good laugh.
Awesome, awesome!!!! I had to laugh at that, but it's totally something I would think up too. :) Love your avenue of thought.
(P.S. I think of you often. I hope you're doing okay.)
So funny. It's good to have an out loud chuckle when I'm all alone at the computer once in a while. My friend had problems with ants too and it was the bain (bane?) of her existance. One day at the temple she got in her locker to change back into her street clothes when she saw an ant crawling in the locker..she knew she had brought it with her but was so mad that there was no where to go to escape them!
You are such a funny person. Those ants are lucky to have even had the honor of being in your home- even if their stay was brief.
They may have another story to tell from inside the vacuum. :)
I needed that :) Can I be a fly on your wall for a day? Well, maybe not a fly - I'd hate to get vacuumed up or swatted or something - how about a wall hanging...?
Jill, you are the bestest, amazingist, talented gals I know. I always come to your blog when I need a good laugh. HAHAHA!
Kimberly
This is super funny! I really like Layne's comment, too. :)
My ants gathered in my dish washer! Try a scripture about turning it on!
Others we found coming in the front door and making a march to the dishwasher, we sprayed with "a dark mist of poisonous spray." Give that one a try.
Mom
P.S. I hope this doesn't keep family from wanting to eat off our dishes any more!
Post a Comment