Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FHE May 9

Last night wasn't a highly spiritual FHE, but we had a lot of fun.  We started the night with Jack welcoming us.  Then we spent about 5 minutes doing what Jack told us to do.
"Say Book"
"Book"
"Say blididiooo"
"Blididiooooo"
He loves it when we ALL copy him.  It makes him laugh really hard.
We then moved onto a song led by Casie.  She led us in a rousing rendition of George Micheals' "I'm never gonna dance again..." ( But we just sang the saxophone solo part). I then insisted we sing Praise to the Man.

Next I gave a small uninspired shpill about how even when it's raining outside (which it was) we can still do things to be active and exercise our bodies.  Here is what we did:

We each came up with a silly action that involved moving in some way.  Then we put them all together and timed each person as they performed the list of tasks.  The person who did it the fastest got a prize. 
Our first course was:
Run up and down the stairs (Mom's idea)
Then do 10 jumping Jacks (Ellie's idea)
Then move all the kitchen chairs into the family room, then back again. (Annie's idea)
Then do five somersaults (Casie's idea)
Then do a dance while the rest of the family sings the saxophone solo to "I'm never gonna dance again" (Dad's idea) This was even funnier because you get really dizzy after doing 5 somersaults in a row.

It was hilarious to watch.  Annie especially got into giggling fits as she watched her fellow family members frantically moving the kitchen chairs.

Our next list was:
Roll on the ground six times then wave (Ellie's idea)
Run around the inside of house two times (Casie's idea)

Run to the basement, bring up a Cup-o-Noodles, and then run and put it back. (Annie's idea)
Make a basket in Jack's basketball hoop (Mom's idea)
Carry Jack as you make another lap around the inside of the house.  When you are done you throw Jack on the couch and the timer stops. (Dad's idea)

The cutest thing is that Jack remembered most of the courses and insisted he have a turn too.  We laughed really hard when after about 2 minutes of being downstairs in the basement, Jack finally emerged with a whole bag of macaroni.  It was a fun family night. :-) 



5 comments:

Mom M. said...

unless I was invited to be "camera man", I'm glad I wasn't invited to this one....probably be dead by now :-)

Jenni said...

What a fun idea! I may just have to steal that one...so thanks! :)

Heather said...

Wow, what a fun family! :)

Anonymous said...

George Michael "Never goin' to dance again" saxaphone part has been an all-time high for me. How did it become part of YOUR family?!

That song always reminded me of Ben because some girl broke his heart in high school when it came out.

Do you guys OWN a FHE manuel?!
Mom Teeples

Malisa said...

So fun!