Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day



Every Memorial Day, we go to the city cemetery  with Mike's family.  We always  put flowers on the graves of the family members in the Condie family plot.  This year we had our own sweet Max's grave to visit.   I love being in the cemetery.  It is so beautiful and so peaceful.  Today as we were placing our flowers and talking with family, I looked down to witness Jack silently placing a small flowerless dandelion on Max's grave.   Throughout the visit, Jack kept finding little treasures on the ground and kept bring them to the headstone.  Of all the beautiful flowers on Max's grave, I love the small gifts from Jack the most.   It was so sweet.  I also heard him say, "Bye Baby Max" as he put his last flower on.  He told me on the way home that baby Max told him, "Thank you for putting those flowers on my teddy bear!"  (there is a teddy bear on the headstone) I can't wait for these two special brothers to be reunited again someday.

9 comments:

Shelley said...

What a sweet story and a special bond those two brothers have.

highdeekay said...

Love it! Phil's grave usually has a collection of pine cones on it. I love the simplicity of our little ones.

Shafferprincess said...

How sweet. Your little Jack sounds like such a sweetheart, and such a good big brother. :)

Jenny said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. You guys have such a great family and we love you. I hope we can make a lunch/wife date work next week sometime!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I wish I could have been there with you. Jack IS a comfort, isn't he.

Love you, Mom

Brett and Tiffany said...

What a precious memory that will always be! He definitely knows his brother.

Heidi P said...

Very special Jill... I think about you often. So thankful for little receptive angels... *HUGS*

Carrie said...

What a sweet boy(s) and story. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Jack is so sweet. That's so great!