Sunday, April 3, 2011

Home Dedication

Finally I am getting around to doing this post!  We had such a wonderful FHE when we dedicated our home.  We began by Mike welcoming us to FHE.  Then we sang The Spirit of God as our opening hymn.  Casie then gave us a talk on why we want our home to be like the Temple.  She said she always feels peace and safe when she is at the temple and wanted to always feel that way when she was at home.  Then Annie showed us her temple she made out of paper cups and paper.  She also asked to bare her testimony.  It was really sweet.  Then we had a musical number by Annie, Mom, and Dad.  I totally messed up the harmony so we won't speak too much about it at this time.   Then Ellie gave her talk on how we can keep our house like the temple.  She said we should always pick up after ourselves and be nice to each other.  Then Mike got up and dedicated our house.  I felt the spirit so strongly as he prayed.  I felt the familiar feeling of Max's spirit along with others enter the second Mike started to pray.  It was so beautiful and so touching to have such a wonderful feeling in our home.  In the prayer Mike blessed our home to be a place of peace and happiness.  He also dedicated it as a safe haven from the world.  He blessed us as a family to do the things that would help us feel the Spirit, and to also have it be a place where Max's spirit could be felt as well.  I am grateful that Mike is a worthy priesthood holder and was able to bless our home with such power.


Here are a few of our pictures from the dedication, as well as the few prior FHE's we had in preparation for the dedication. 

Scrubbing walls in Annie and Ellie's room
Jack looking at the Temple fountains

Annie writing in her Journal on the Temple Grounds

Annie and Ellie....huddling together for warmth.

Ellie holding up her talk.  We waited until after the service to take pictures.:-)

Annie and her temple

Casie



I unveiled this surprise after the dedication.  It's on the wall in the Family room.

Grandma Madsen and Dave Degraw came to the dedication.  AND.......

Took us out for ice cream afterwards!

4 comments:

Sarah R. said...

This is awesome, Jill. Can I copy the whole entire plan?

lissa said...

Oh...wow (with awe). I've been waited to hear how this went. Mom showed me her pics and told a little about it. It sounds wonderful. You're home has always had a special feeling; I'm sure now that feeling is intensified. Thanks for sharing.

Steve and McKenzie said...

I love your FHE's and this one is amazing! I put that scripture on my wall a few months ago and LOVE it! I love reading it and remembering what kind of house I really need to be striving to have! Now we need to dedicate our house that is such a good idea!

Alli said...

That is cool! Ellie is very pretty, especially with her hair curled- speaking of which, you do curls SO well; like you did them for me is TSOM! Annie is great at art (I love it!)! And, I miss all of you and my BFF, Casie. Thanks for sharing, I really ennjoy looking at your posts!