Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sad Music

Is it healthy to do things that make you feel sad?  Tonight I listened to the song that played on the video during Max's funeral.  Hearing it brought a flood of sadness and painful memories straight to the surface.  It's like that song is the slightest knock of a hammer that breaks my heart all over again.  I feel just like I did three months ago,... wondering how I can live without my son.  How can I go one more minute without kissing his soft cheek or rubbing his fuzzy little head.  Was listening to that song really a good thing for me to do?  Because in a way, I guess it's really just helping me mourn and helps me open the flood gates to my heart.  Max is always on my mind, but I haven't sobbed for him in a long time.  It feels good to cry for him...in a painful sort of way.  I've said it before, but Max is worth every tear I cry for him.  He is worth every thought I have of him.  He's worth every effort it takes to cope with his loss.
I know I will feel better tomorrow.  I feel better now as I write.  Every so often I need to publicly share my feelings about Max.  I feel like just in case he can't read my mind and know the countless times I think of him, I want him to know that I love him and miss him.