Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Casie Montana

A couple of days ago a friend of mine asked if Casie would help out the Make a wish Foundation.  They needed someone to dress up as Hannah Montana and sing to a little girl who was just granted the chance to meet the REAL Hannah Montana.  This sweet little girl is only 5 years old and is on the waiting list for her SECOND heart transplant. 
Getting Casie looking like Hannah Montana was no easy task.  After a trip to Ross to buy something "sparkly", I started looking for a blond wig.  Seriously, if it's not Halloween, it's hard to find a wig in this town!  Luckily Sally's Beauty Supply had a mega blow-out deal on some hair pieces.  I ended up buy two hair pieces and combined them to make one Hannah Montana do.   Seriously, we spent around two hours making Casie up.  Once we were ready we met the Make a wish ladies outside the little girls apartment.  They told Casie to sing a Hannah Montana song, and then they would reveal to the little girl (her parents already knew) that her wish was granted.  The family had all gathered to see the event.  The sweet little girls was so impossibly shy, but did give a little smile at the end of Casie's song.  It was really special for me to be there for this event.  I am so grateful Casie had a chance to see outside of herself and be a part of such a special event.  I could tell that seeing the little girl, and knowing she might not make it, had a big effect on Casie.  She said a special prayer for her at our family prayer that night.  It was seriously only about 10 seconds of singing, but I think a seed of service and compassion and love has been planted.  I am very proud of her, and hope she will continue to use her talents for good.



10 comments:

highdeekay said...

Way to go Casie! What an awesome opportunity and what an awesome girl to take that opportunity. I also might add that Casie Montana is WAY cuter than Hannah Montana!

Heather said...

That is so amazing, way to go girls!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

that's so sweet!

Suzi said...

Having worked for Make a Wish many years ago, Thank you Casie for helping make a little girl's wish come true. I always had a deeper respect for the "famous" people that would help grant wishes.
Casie- you are amazing and talented.

Melissa B said...

That is so touching. Thanks for sharing. When you were asking about wigs, I thought maybe Mike was expanding his repertoire :)

Sarah R. said...

This is awesome. Casie looks fantastic, and what a wonderful act of service!

Mom M. said...

you bring tears to my eyes, Casie...such a big heart and an awesome act of service. Love ya!

Mindy said...

So sweet. It's great that you get your family involved in so many uplifting things.

Alli said...

That is so sweet! Way to go, Casie! :)

Anonymous said...

Casie, what a great job you did! That's a very unusual kind of service.

Love you, Grandma T