Jill Hyde Bearden grew up in a large family of ten kids. You would think she’d have been lost among the masses, but not so. There are many accounts where Jill had an impact on family and shared many great memories. Here are a few:

Julie P (Sister): “Jill was my best friend during our childhood. Can you say Piacitelli sisters? That’s who we were. Jill, Jimi, and me. I wish I could remember our stage names. We were all FAMOUS! We synchronized swam, we did routines on the trampoline, we were AWESOME! We did many, many performances for millions of people. When it came time for the dances however, I let Jill and Jimi do the dancing and I was their manager. It was great having your sister being your best friend.”
Sarah R (Sister): “One evening Jill was in the top bunk. I was in the bottom. I was reading from my journal and like the good little sister she was, Jill wanted to hear every word. In order to see, I had my journal held out a little towards the light. Suddenly, we both heard (much to her dismay) the sound of something small (she had rolled up a bugar in her fingers) hitting my journal. I looked on the page and saw the little present from Jill. I yelled out her name and then we laughed and laughed.”
Mindy C (Sister): “When Jill and I were little, we were "best sisters". Jill would do my every bidding, even promising to run away with me after school one day (although she was terrified). One time while I was at school mom must have been short with her and Jill walked to my school crying, "Minny, Minny, Minny". One of our favorite games was called "Swinging Do-Dah". We played this on the top bunk of the bed and Jill would sit on my feet dangled from the top bunk and we would sing "Swinging Do Dah, Swinging Do Dah" while I swung her back and forth on my feet. I was in the "special" reading class at school and got candy almost every day. I loved candy but I loved Jill more because I remember the torture of saving it in my desk all day and then calling her down to my room to split the loot after I got home. P.S. we never did run away. I'm embarrassed to recall that I used to hold my thumb up with a sharp fingernail and say "Aaaa" like the Fonz on Happy Days. I would use the sharp fingernail as a threat that if she didn’t do what I wanted, she would get the sharp fingernail. And I don't want to remember that.”
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “I didn’t know Jill as a child, but my favorite story told about Jill was when the Hyde's would go up the Oak City Canyon and Claudia, her mother, would make dirt clods and throw them at Jill’s bottom, rear end, caboose, take your pick (I know 'butt' is taboo with the Hyde's). She would do this for the pure, entertainment value of watching Jill’s tail-end wiggle and jiggle. I doubt it would be as entertaining now.”
Claudia T (Mother): “I remember Jill as a three year old RUNNING down the aisle in church with her arms obediently folded - climbing on the front row bench and dancing until I got to her.”
Emily W (Sister): “Almost all of my childhood memories include Jill. Even though I was a lot younger I don’t ever remember her telling me I couldn’t be a part of something she was doing. She let me compete in my first dance contest in our game room in Oak City where I won by cutting my eye open on the corner of the ping pong table. In that game room with Jill I also participated in many music videos, an elaborate live play based on Cinderella complete with a neighborhood audience and an emotional video rendition of Saturday’s Warrior. She’s ALWAYS been a star!”
Amy C (Sister): “Jill is the older sister that I never had. (Poor, poor me!) Even though I am the elder, I have always looked up to and admired Jill as though she were my Senior Sis. She is always happy, kind and never says anything bad about anyone. She is also so funny- I've never been around her when she didn't do or say something entertaining that made me laugh. I also have always admired Jill and Mike's relationship. They have such love and mutual admiration for each other, they both complement each other very nicely and are the perfect couple!!”
Jill has loved to sing and dance her whole life. She put those skills to good use:
Sarah R (Sister): “Jill was always a really fun, creative sister to hang around. She seemed to have every single song in the world memorized and even before a lot of dance lessons, she was good at making up dances. Both of these talents came in handy as we played and made home videos by the dozens. Whenever we spent time together, we were laughing. She does a very good, "Officer Krupkee, you've done it again." In fact, she does a very good West Side Story, Saturday's Warrior, Princess Bride, etc...”
Ben H (Brother): “I remember dancing with her and her friends on our front lawn in oak city. We were doing the electric slide.”
Matthew H (Brother): “One of my many memories of Jill came while watching her dance. She was always at it, practicing for her high school dance team. One of the many moments caught on tape of her dancing was at home in the front yard. It involved bare feet, a dog, and something warm and squishy. I bet you can already get a visual. There she was, dancing her heart out, throwing legs and arms about in various moves and directions when our family dog “Dozer” came strolling by. He entered the picture and then promptly left. Immediately after you see Jill’s planned moves all come to a stop and turn into some sort of unplanned and manic spasm. As you watch carefully, you see her looking down at her foot as she repetitiously strokes the grass in an attempt to remove the offending warm and squishy present left by the dog.”
Terry H (Father): “One of the memories I have is holding her on my lap when she was about 4-years-old and singing "Who's Your Little Whosit?" After each line she would grunt out "huh!" (That was her cue for me to keep singing.) She would have me sing the song over and over and over again. She especially loved the part when I'd sing "Who's the one I love".....she knew I was singing about her! We topped off the evening, when she'd look me close in the face and say, "I can see me in your eyes." I have many more memories of taking her with me to sing all over Delta. I loved those times.”
Heidi K (Friend): “Even though we didn’t share an actual childhood, one childhood memory that I share with Jill is rocking out to all the Embryo Music church musicals: My Turn On Earth, Saturday's Warrior, etc.”
Jana D (Friend): “Some weekends Jill and I would drive to Delta to visit. Every time we passed the Prison at the Point of the Mountain she would break out into song. Cue music, "I don't know when. I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now. Watch and you'll see. Someday I'll be, part of your world. I admire her musical talent. I remember sitting and watching Jill on stage when she participated in Miss Millard. She absolutely blew the audience away singing the song 'Hold On' from "The Secret Garden." When she finished there were a few seconds of silence and then an eruption of applause. I was so proud of her and still am.”
Michael H (Brother): “When I got back from Iraq I stayed with Jill for a few days. One of those days it was hot so we filled up the two foot pool they had and let the kids take a dip. Well that wasn't doing it for Jill because the next thing I saw and heard was her screaming and diving head first into the center of the pool, I of course had to join her! Good times were had!”
Amy C (Sister): “Jill and Sarah stayed up all night at our house, waiting for Jessica, my first, to be born. Then when it was announced that the baby was a girl, they put a pink ribbon on the lamp in the baby's room. When Jill was first pregnant with Casie, I patted her tummy and said how amazing it was that there was a little person growing inside of her. I think that was the only time I have ever seen her "quease-out" (I made up that word) She said ‘Ew, don't talk about that!’. One evening we were playing a never ending game of Indian No-Peeky at Mom's in Richfield, and she gave baby Casie Fruities in her play pen so we could keep playing.”
Jenae G (Friend): “Jill is also a wonderful mother and works very well with her kiddos!”
Pam H (Step Mom): “The thing I admire most in Jill is the way she parents my grandchildren. She is truly the RIGHT mother for these spirits! She's patient (insanely patient) yet firm in teaching them good social skills, righteous principles and correct behaviors. She encourages their talents and participates in helping them to expand and grow in them. She truly enjoys her children and they feel loved and appreciated because of that. (A very nice way to grow up!)”
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Jill is an AMAZING mother! While being around her and the kids when the rare occasion arose for discipline she was always perfectly calm, composed, and respectful. She always talked things out and reasoned with the kids.”
Jennette P (Friend): “I haven’t been a big part of Jill’s life as an adult, wife, and mother – however I am certain she has continued to bless the lives of others, most particularly Mike & her children. I can only imagine the lives she has blessed in her neighborhood and within her ward callings. I miss our friendship and know that if we were to make time to actually get together there would be a lot of laughs and I would leave her presence feeling motivated and uplifted as usual.”
Jana D (Friend): “Christmas time came Jill was in the chorus for the "The Forgotten Carols." It was at this rehearsal that she saw a tall tenor singing with a group around a trash can. It was there that the first sparks flew. It was there that that her ducks started to form a row. She came home talking about this "tall guy with the voice" and told me everything. I, of course, was ecstatic taking in every word. She told me he was in a group called "Voice Male" and she was interested. We then schemed a plan, will go to his apartment (I have no idea how she knew where he lived) and ask him for a Voice Male flyer we can put up at our apartment complex. That's right! That's what will do. It's a fool proof plan. She's bound to get a date. We found courage in ourselves and our 18 year-old indestructibility and showed up at his apartment. He answered the door. Jill spoke in confident, smooth sentences. "It will help advertising." He agreed and we sent the afternoon getting to know "the tall one with a voice." At the end of the evening I, as the true friend I am, occupied the time of his roommate while she accomplished our mission, the date was set. Sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Jill, Mike and I ended up fantastic friends ever since. I enjoyed it when he would pick her up because he would perform incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE, magic tricks while Jill prepared for the date.”
Jenny M (Friend): “She is always happy and she always makes us laugh! My husband, Richard, loves her optimism and how supportive she is of Voice Male and her hubby.”
Jill has also been a part of many cherished friendships over the years Here friends recall some memories:
Jennette P (Friend): “My memories of Jill begin in the 7th grade. We were in Mrs. Winsor’s home room as well as the same dance class, “Super Sensationals”. A specific memory at this time would have to be our grade’s first “boy/girl” party. Jill was the first to have one and it was a HUGE deal. Between 7th & 8th grade we were busy enjoying the life of early teens with school dances, 8th grade basketball (in which Jill would run down the court & shoot with grace & pointed toes), dance competitions, sleepovers, and much to my regret – a lot of filming. Jill even invited a bunch of friends on a trip to the mall “up north”. I remember spending almost an entire day at the mall and just running around stores being silly. That trip ended with being chased by some guys and causing great trauma on a bunch of 13-14 year old girls. “
Jimi N (Friend): “I have many memories, from our Cinderella plays to our weekly dance competitions with Matt being the judge; our weekly sleepovers, where her family always slept in and I always had to go home before breakfast; our alternate identities as the Piacitelli sisters; our LOVE of New Kids on the Block - I loved Jordan and she loved John, Julie loved Donnie-her parents driving us up to the concert in their cool van with the mauve interior; her going camping with my family and sleeping on the top bunk and yelling out in the night "I'm coming down!" while she was dreaming; making thousands of videos of ourselves (which I hope have been destroyed) including one where she hit me in the head with the closet door; My dad has cows and I remember having to explain to her and Julie that just because a cow has horns, does not mean it is a bull; Her and her families LOVE of BYU (gag me!) and Robbie Bosco - the only reason I know anything about BYU football is because of them; I remember when they moved to Delta, I was devastated!!! I really do not think that I have one childhood memory that does not include Jill. “
Crystal W (Friend): “When I think of Jill I think of her amazingly fun personality. She is so much fun to be around and can brighten even your toughest day. Jill has a relaxed, laid-back attitude that just makes the people around her relax and forget their problems for a while.”
Jana D (Friend): “Cue Musak (That's right you know the synthesized tune) Dun da dun dun da dun dun da dun "Oh Chaaaaaaaaaaad." I was lucky to have Jill as a roommate at USU my freshman year. One day she came home from class excited about this WAY cute guy who was an interpreter for the deaf in her class and she thinks his name is Chad. She described him in great detail so I immediately fell for him as well. We spent many a night talking across the hall about how cute he is and how adorable it is that he knows Sign Language. Granted, I haven't seen him ever but my trusted in Jill's judgment, so you can imagine my excitement when on the first day of History 101 there walks in "Chad". It had to be him! I knew it. I came home that evening and told Jill which resulted in many squeals of excitement. The next day I am sitting in class and in walks Jill. Yes that is right, she transferred into the class so we could both stare at him. College Tuition $7,000; History 101 Book $150; The sign for "Revolutionary War" Priceless. Oh and by the way his name was really Jared but he will always be Chad to us. One Saturday afternoon Jill found herself behind the keyboard and I found myself on the cough. We found ourselves here quite a bit since I brought my brother's piano length keyboard from home. Many a song she made up and many a laughs we had. I don't remember any of them except the chorus from this exceptional song entitled: "Could it Be" Cue the music (Jill, you know the tune).
"Could it be Ben, or is it Joe . . . " On and on it went with many verses describing her future and different male names incorporated into the chorus. After a certain "someone" who will remain nameless entered her life the chorus went a little something like this, "Could it be Ben, or is it Joe, could it be Michael? *silence* I hope so!"
Everyone who knows Jill will attest to the fact that she has an incredible ability to make you laugh:
Sarah R (Sister): “I admire her ability to make people laugh and put others at ease. Everyone wants to be in Jill's home and in her presence because it feels so comfortable there.”
Michael H (Brother): “She looks like me! I have always thought that if I was a woman, I would look like Jill. Jill's personality is sweet and funny, she enlightens my brain, mind and head all at the same time. I'm jealous of Jill's personality. She finds humor in many things, something that I've tried to do. This is especially hard in this devilish world!”
Jennette P (Friend): It was always about entertainment with Jill whether it was for fun, or for a true audience. She was and I’m sure still is very good at making people smile, laugh, and at times watch her in complete envy. We played the piano together in seminary. I played the top hand and she played the bottom. She was always telling me to “push the button” (pedal) and for some reason this always caught us funny (probably because of the way she would say it) and we’d usually giggle through most of the hymn.”
Julie P (Sister): “I remember one night while we were sharing rooms in the pink room she decided to scare me. As we were sitting there she dramatically pointed at our bedroom window and screamed as if someone was at our window. Needless to say it scared the crap out of me so I wanted to run out of the bedroom. Unfortunately there was a pair of silk underwear on the ground and I stepped on them in my moment of fleeing for my life and totally fell down. So her evil plan to scare me worked double. Not only did she scare me, she made me fall too. I think those were her underwear, too. I’m still kind of ticked about it.”
Amy C (Sister): “At our brother, Steve’s, graduation ceremony, she made up this joke: pointing to a random person in the crowd, she would ask me “Do you see that person over there?" Reply: "Yes." Answer: "Yeah, me, too!"
Emily W (Sister): “Besides the obvious performance talents, singing, dancing, playing the piano and acting, Jill is stinking hilarious. Whenever I picture her either from when we were kids to now I always picture her laughing and others around her laughing. Her mind works in a different way than most people and it always sees the unobvious comedy. I like to listen to her talk.”
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Jill brings joy. Whenever I leave the Beardens house my face hurts. Jill can make anyone laugh! Her joy is contagious and it seems to brighten every aspect of her life.”
Terry H (Father): “Jill is probably at a genius level when it comes to talents. Anything she attempts to do, she does well. However, I especially admire her amazing wit. She is one of the most naturally clever persons I know.”
Pam H (Step Mom): “Her talents are awesome and endless! Her voice is incredible, acting talents are exquisite and her wit incomparable (and I DO mean incomparable!!). Every time I see she's Facebooked, I can't wait to see what funny, witty thing she has to say about everyday life! Her way of looking at the world inspires me to not only see it differently, but to see it with humor. I take myself less seriously now, because of Jill's insights into life. (I'm counting this as a good thing).”
Jenae G (Friend): “I admire her quick wit, funny sense of humor and her great ideas. She is always able to twist a situation to make it funny in some way, shape or form.”
Richard B (Brother-in-Law): “She has a really good sense of humor. Can always make people laugh”
Jana D (Friend): “One of the first memories I have of Jill is when we were in 7th grade Home Ec. Our teacher often had migraines, on one such day as she sat at her desk with her head in her hands, Jill and her friends, decided to do stand-up comedy in the back of the room. I was not a member of her circle of friends at the time, mostly because I was painfully shy, but I remember sitting at a table in the back watching, laughing and admiring Jill and her comedic timing. I also admire her ability to make me belly laugh. When I spend time with Jill my stomach and face hurt and I am exhausted. I love it! One of the games Jill made me play was -"Here is a spoon, make it funny." I didn't like it very much.”
Apparently with the gift of making others laugh comes the ability to not be embarrassed. Note to readers, there is a term coined by the Hyde family called “cuc”. This term embodies all the cheesy, dorky, unbearable-to-watch antics that occur in this family. You will see it referenced several times below:
Jenny M (Friend): “Does Jill actually get embarrassed? That's what's so great about her! She does stuff all the time that would surely embarrass the average person, but not her. She's cool like that. (Chuck Norris Christmas Dance and Funky White Boy on the dinner cruise...oh wait, that was Mike.)”
Matthew H (Brother): “It's interesting, most people have embarrassing moments that they choose to forget. I believe Jill has never really had an embarrassing moment. Why? Because of her uncanny ability to turn anything remotely embarrassing into something entertaining. Honestly, I can think of many things that have happened to Jill that would cause embarrassment to most people but she seems to be able to come out unscathed.”
Julie P (Sister): “I admire Jill’s ability to be cucy first and foremost. I mean who can make a complete idiot out of themselves and be ok?!!”
Melissa B (Sister-in-Law): “It's hard to be embarrassed around Jill - she is such a ham and full of silliness and fun! i.e., Many nights of "pirate-talk" whilst playing Set-lers; most family dinners or birthday parties; just sharing a meal.)”
Amy C (Sister): “I loved it when Jill and Mike sang the Babysitter Rap at their wedding reception in their tux and dress. (actually, my dress)”
Jana D (Friend): "Good Morning sweetheart, what would you like for breakfast?" Cue music (Jill, Mike you know the tune). 'Marshmallow Mateys that will never run out, never run out, oh never run out. We have Marshmallow Mateys that will never run out. Never. Run. Out!" followed by two faces serious with concentration, both lips pursed and ready, certain that this time they will get it right. Cue whistling of the Mayberry theme. Cue back up beat box. Cue whistle harmony. Cue laughter.”

Emily W (Sister): “The summer that I lived with her we decided to go see a movie together and she agreed she would let me dress her in my clothes. I picked out what I thought was a really cute outfit complete with pointy toed shoes. The whole time she kept ducking every time she thought she saw someone she knew.”
Julie P (Sister): “A funny thing that happened when we were in high school. She was dating Mike Wanker (yes, that’s his real name) at the time. We were in Delta and I was leaving to go to my friends house. I opened up the front door to leave and there she was kissing face with Mike. It really scared me. I screamed and slammed the door. It was funny!!”
Terry H (Father): “When Jill's boyfriends used to come to the house, I would never have to stay up until they left, I just simply sent Steve into the front room and he would stay up until the boy left. He was a great chaperone. I don't know whether it embarrassed her more or provoked her. I could go to sleep with absolute assurance that all was well.”
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Another experience I had with Jill was at the Las Vegas sister Saturday. We were driving down the strip where many people had music blaring from their vehicles. Not to be outdone, Jill rolled down all the windows on the van and blasted her CD which was the Wiggles singing "hot potato hot potato....potato potato potato." Many heads turned to see a minivan full of moms rocking out. I was grateful I was in the back seat!”
Claudia T (Mother): “I recall Jill making an angel food cake (from a mix) - she was about 12 - and only used "Packet A", saving "Packet B" for next time. The first packet was basically egg whites only so her finished product was an inch-high chewy meringue. She was so sure she had done something to please me - she had produced a cake mixture that looked just like the ones I made - and she had been frugal enough to save Packet B for another cake.”
Kent T (Step Dad): ‘When she sold Mary Kay, we hosted a party with friends and she came to Richfield to give her spiel. While she was applying makeup to a customer, another woman held Jill's 3 or 4 month old baby. The baby had a complete blow-out - getting baby poop down the front of the shirt and pants of the one who was holding her. The woman hastily ordered a lipstick and left early.”
Jennette P (Friend): “Jill’s talents and my admiration for her go hand in hand. I have thought of Jill often in my adult years and find that she is probably one of the people I admired most among peers. Jill always stayed true to who she was no matter the situation. Her character was one that everyone enjoyed being around. When I think of our time together it is filled with laughs, late nights, drill team, bus trips, dates, boy talk, and achievements in school. Jill was an uplifting person and was kind to others no matter which group they were a part of. I admire how she always stayed true to the values & standards set by the gospel. She was someone who knew how to have fun and stay within the boundaries expected of her.”
Julie P (Sister): “I admire how strong she is, she knows who she is and stands up for what she believes in.. She is able to tell it how it is. If she if feeling a certain way she will let you know. When I was pregnant with Jaxon and going through all that, she had the courage to tell me what she and everyone else in the family was feeling about the situation. I am so glad that she told me how she was feeling or my life would have been completely different. She is a great mother and wife, a wonderful member of our family.”
Jimi N (Friend): “I admire her testimony. She has always been such a good, strong, faithful person. I don't think she has ever doubted or gone astray in her life. I wish that I had that kind of strength.’
Ben H (Brother): “I admire Jill's happy, bright personality. This is something I wish I had more of. “
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Jill is so active. There is rarely a quiet moment with the Beardens. With art classes, play rehearsals, choir groups, and church activities, Jill is always on the move making a stunning impact in all she does.”
Terry H (Father): “I've always admired Jill's happy, pleasant attitude. I believe it's a gift and it's caused everyone to love her and love being around her.”
Pam H (Step Mom): "Her basic nature is one of kindness and service and I count myself fortunate to be part of her family. I love her, very much!”
Heidi K (Friend): “I think Jill has an amazing ability to love people. She seems to just warmly welcome people into her life and I think that is awesome.”
Melissa B (Sister-in-Law): “ Jill is a true optimist. As a self-proclaimed "realist", I have watched Jill in varied circumstances and situations and realized that she always sees the good first, in whatever is happening. She wants whoever is around her to share in her goodness and goes out of her way to make others happy. While I don't relate, I do admire her for that quality.”
Jana D (Friend): I admire her confidence in who she is. She is able to be herself and allows others to be themselves as well. She can make anyone feel welcome.”
Jill’s nature is to genuinely think of others:
Sarah R (Sister): “Jill has always been doing nice things for me and my children. She would let you borrow anything of hers without a second thought. She doesn't have an ounce of stinginess in her. I remember most the way she helped me when I had babies. I loved having her in the hospital with me and in my home cleaning up and taking care of things. She is a fun person to share big occasions with.”
Michael H (Brother): “Jill organized a family outing for my B-day, it was the first time when all the northern Utah family got together and went out to celebrate probably one of the biggest holidays of the year! Along with sweet nun chuck skills, Jill takes an interest in other people. When I visit she asks questions and is genuinely interested in what’s going on in my life, this is a characteristic that I haven't found in many people.”
Claudia T (Mother): “I've always been touched by the way Jill remembers what is going on in your life. She'll call to check on you or ask you about the event or problem the next time she sees you. She seems to do this with everyone. She makes everyone feel so loved. Also, Jill has given me countless perms, sessions of putting in hair extensions, and hair colors and trims, all when I knew she was so tired from a day of mothering.”
Shelley M (Friend): “I am really lucky to have Jill as a friend. Time and time again, she has shown me and others that she is a true friend. Someone that sees the best in others, is kind and loyal, and is always thinking about others' feelings. She has helped me in so many ways these last few years. Whether it has been free haircuts, finding extra jobs for me to do, or lending me her daughter as a babysitter, I always know I can count on her if I really need something. I look to her as an example in a lot of ways and am grateful to know her!"
Jenny M (Friend): “Jill has been so nice to do my hair a few times and I've loved talking to her! She and I had so much fun shopping for skinny jeans and boots last year and I appreciated being with her and just hanging out! She just makes everyone feel at ease and she's fun and funny to be with!”
Jennette P (Friend): “A simple story of Jill doing something nice for me was in our junior year. I wanted to try out for the school musical but was nervous about the auditions that required a solo performance. I can’t remember what we were busy with at the time but I recall running into the auditorium and quickly singing together the Star Spangled Banner. For some reason, Mr. Wanker (yes, that’s his real name, too) accepted this audition and I was cast in my first musical. *beams* Jill is actually the person I would credit in giving me the confidence to sing for an audience. This was a big part of who I was in high school and has brought me a lot of joy throughout life.“
Julie P (Sister): “When Jill still lived in Logan, she did many nice things for me. We were best friends raising our young children together. She was always there for me. We hung out almost every day, or Jaw would go up there and Cassie would come to my house. She was one of the first people I shared my hardships with being married to Chris with. I was able to talk to here and cry to here. She was very supportive and was great at listening to me.”
Mindy C (Sister): “I love spending time with Jill and her family so one of the nicest things she does is pack those kids in the car and drive down to my house for visits, I know it's not always easy but I love it. Also, when we come up she makes us feel very welcomed.”
Kent T (Step Dad): I admire her thoughtfulness for other people. As the student body president of Delta High School she made sure she invited one of the non popular boys to the girls choice dances and accepting a date with a non popular boy.”
Matthew H (Brother): “One time Jill let us watch her kids for 3 days while they went away to youth conference. And Ellie came in with green goo in her hair, and the kids hated bed time.....It was such a nice gesture. It was great, we loved it!...She is so nice.” [sarcasm noted]
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Jill has always been so accommodating to us when we've been in SLC. She is so willing to open her home, her kitchen, and her family and let us in. Before Matthew and I were married, during our long engagement, I had a meltdown over some of the plans. Jill had us over, fed us ice cream and smoothed everything out. She really stepped in, made us laugh, and put things into perspective. Jill saved our marriage. Now when we have tough times I think, "what would I do without Jill for a sister-in-law." That motivates me to set things right.”
Lois M (Mother-in-Law): “I admire her ability to make everyone feel like you are her best friend. She delivered chicken soup to me when I was ill. Gives me "gifts of appreciation" for when I help with kids, etc. (She doesn't have to do this, but she is very thoughtful)”
Emily W (Sister): “The classic story told over and over again that really demonstrates Jill’s personality is when I was 6 and mom wouldn’t let me leave the table until I had eaten all my cream corn. I was literally sitting at the table alone in the dark while everyone else was playing downstairs when I heard Jill crawling under the table and suddenly pop up next to me and gobble up all my cold, dried out cream corn. Then she just scurried back down without saying a word.”
Heidi K (Friend): “She talked her husband into writing a duet for Phil and me to sing last Christmas. What a thoughtful, considerate, even inspired thing to do.”
Melissa B (Sister-in-Law): “Many times, Jill baled me out when I needed someone to watch Luke while I was teaching...she always welcomed him and treated him like her own. I'd like to think he was the reason Ellie's not the youngest. From the beginning of time (or at least my time with the Beardens'), Jill has put forth the effort to get to know me, start conversations with me, and make me feel like a part of the family. Even when I announced I "[didn't] do Provo", she didn't hold it against me. Every birthday, even though we always say, no gifts, she finds a little thoughtful something to give. There are countless acts of kindness from Jill; even playing games, she plays nice though it may not always be in her best interest to do so.”
Jenae G (Friend): “One of the sweet things Jill did for me was get me some cute new "Ross" shirts when I was going on a fun trip with my hubby. She said it was some kind of a payback for something but I just think she was trying to be sweet!”
Richard B (Brother-in-Law): “She watched Luke when he was just months old, for nearly a week. With Q-tips in hand, she even had to help him with his bowel problems. She always laughed about it and never seemed to complain.”
Jana D (Friend): “When we were in Middle School sometimes we would go swimming for PE. Some of the not so nice girls used to take the curtain of my dressing room and flip it open. As I mentioned above I was painfully shy. After a few days of this, I became extremely nervous and would dress as fast as I could. When the girls did it again and I was about to cry, I heard a voice yell at them, "Leave her alone." They never did it again. That voice was Jill's. “
Annie B (Daughter): “Favorite foods my Mom cooks are chicken peek-a-boos and they taste better when she cooks them. I love my mom because she is always there when I need help and spends time with me. Mom keeps smiling at me and this makes me feels good. Thank you, Mom for doing everything that makes me happy. I love you!”
Ellie B (Daughter): “When she came to school with me for my Halloween Party, she made it fun for me and said "I have to pick Ellie because she's my daughter". She did all my make-up and made tiny curls in my hair.
My favorite food that Mom makes is chick chicks and rice...yum yum! I love my mom because she cares a lot about me. Mom listens to me.”
Casie B (Daughter):
Hello, Mom, how do you do?
Here is a poem I wrote for you.
You do many things I sometimes ignore
Like wash the dishes or mop the floor.
You show kindness and love to me.
Like you is the way I want to be.
You greet me kindly every day.
I try to greet you in that way.
When I am sad and feeling low,
You cheer me up with that smile I know.
You’ve taught me good as you should do,
cautious about something else new.
When I come home sometimes tired and sad,
You make me happy so I don’t feel bad.
You do many things that I take for granted.
The work that you do I would call it enchanted.
You’ve got a good voice and you can act.
You’ve got a sense of humor. I know that for a fact.
You are a good partner when it comes to Phase 10.
I used to have beat you and then..and then…
You even got better. We’ve had some close games.
I learned not to expect just all the same.
We’ve had some good times and more yet to come.
Some memories are better than some.
You are the best mother. I wish you good luck.
Good luck with that baby and dance with some cuc!
So, in summary, I present the following closing arguments:
Jenny M (Friend): “She is so patient -giving up her bathroom and bedroom to VM for countless recording hours. She can juggle 4 kids (and one in her belly) and still have a leading role in a musical. We think it's a talent to be a pregnant nun! I think her humor is a talent- she is really one of the funniest girls I know! She can make anyones hair look fabulous and of course, top it off with a homemade bow! She is so genuine and we truly love being around her!”
Sarah R (Sister): “She is so funny. She is excellent at memorizing. I worked my tail off in the geography class we had together and she always did way better than I did without even trying. She is crafty. She dresses cute. She is great at making her home beautiful. I love her cooking. She is a good friend. She is good at keeping records of her children and their lives. She is great at helping her children develop their talents. She has a beautiful singing voice. When she sang in pageants I had never before felt so proud of another human being. She is clever and witty. She's a really good dancer. Basically, she's got it all!”
Jennette P (Friend): “It seemed in high school that there were really no limits to what Jill could do. Everything she tried she excelled at. Obvious talents at that time were her ability to sing, dance, act, do well academically, her kindness and friendship to others, and her ability to bring happiness to all around her. I really don’t remember Jill being discouraged much. I’m sure there were times, but usually she was always happy and busy enjoying every aspect of life.”
Julie P (Sister): “Jill has many talents, music being one of her biggest. She is a great singer, dancer, piano player, actor friend, mother sister, wife, member of the church, person. Everyone should feel lucky being in her presence.”
Mindy C (Sister): “I admire Jill’s cleverness. She is so fun and funny to be around. I admire that life is a song with Jill. We loved doing a conga line last summer into the kitchen to make banana boats...get on de boat, de banana boat. I admire Jill’s patience as a mom. I admire her positive attitude. I admire her testimony. I admire that she can be so light hearted and yet she has a depth to her at the same time. Her talents: singing, baking, story-telling, dancing, sense of humor, mothering, beauty, multi-tasking, personal righteousness, magnify callings, VERY fun to shop with.”
Emily W (Sister): “I admire Jill’s creative personality. She always finds a way to make even boring things fun. I’ve always aspired to be as creative as Jill. Even at work I’ve called or email Jill asking her for suggestions on making something I’m doing more exciting or creative.”
Annie B (Daughter): “She plans fun Family Home Evenings.”
Crystal W (Friend): “She is also one of the most creative people I know. Whether it be Girls Camp skits or Primary Sharing Time lessons, she finds cute and creative ways to get everyone involved and have fun. Jill has an amazing singing voice, and I love to hear her sing. She also has a strong testimony of the gospel and is an example of love to all those around her. While working with her in Primary, I loved her way of being able to make church stuff fun and not just serious all the time. She taught me that we can teach the gospel without being somber, and that kids especially will remember the fun stuff, so make learning a fun game. Even though she made learning fun, it is evident that she loves the gospel and has a firm testimony. Jill is a good mother, and I know that her family is very important to her. She has a great sense of humor, and I love her sarcasm too. She is just so much fun to be with and joke around with. It's no wonder that she has so many friends! She's just so easy to be with. Jill is one of my favorite people and I'm so glad to call her my friend.”
Jimi N (Friend): “Well, of course the obvious, singing and dancing. And she is so stinking funny!”
Matthew H (Brother): I admire her funniness, her natural and native cheerfulness, her glue-like personality (i.e. to keep and bind family ties). Her mad free throw shooting skills, her mad "wizard of oz" evil witch scooter riding skills (doot do do do do do, doot do do do do do) Her stealing away all my childhood friends...wait, I don't admire that. Maybe it’s the fact that most of my friends were only my friends because of her....is that something I should admire about her? Her communicative validating skills!!!! Her mad vocal talent, I've always enjoyed the sound of her singing. Her mad ability and mad talent to look at the glass and not only see it half full instead of half empty but brimming over. Her mad homemade cookie making skills...or was that Pillsbury? Her talent of championing the underdog. Oh, and one more thing, I admire that she pleases and beguiles all she meets!”
Jessica H (Sister-in-Law): “Jill has a talent to be up and doing. She is always on the go with plenty of energy. She has a great ability to relate to people and to make many friends. She has a knack for comedy and bringing people together through laughter.”
Melissa B (Sister-in-Law): “Great singing voice - harmonious harmonies; quite the actress - she can pull off being a pregnant nun; an eye for decor - love how she takes one item and uses it in an unexpected way to decorate, and it works! Ever the optimist...again, I am NOT, so I don't relate, but I DO admire and respect it. Jill has a way with people - she can put people at ease and make anyone feel comfortable around her.”
Jenae G (Friend): “Jill has a beautiful singing voice and is a stand-out on the stage. Again, she is very, very funny, and could give some of the great stand-up-comics of our day, a run for their money. Jill also has a talent of making others feel very comfortable around her.”
Richard B (Brother-in-Law): She is great with music. Great with kids. Very creative.”
Lois M (Mother-in-Law): I admire her creative ability to have fun with her family, her sense of humor. She is always happy. She is an amazing mother, wife and daughter of God, amazing talent in music, amazing talent in drama, amazing talent in creative writing.”
Jana D (Friend): “Happy Birthday to one of my most cherished friends. I love you, Jill.”
Heidi K (Friend): “Friendship, singing, creativity in so many aspects but especially motherhood - she is such a fun mom, inspiration, being a pregnant nun, looking mighty fine in skinny jeans and boots, the ability to visit sincerely and to really listen, acting in all things Bearden/Hyde-written/produced, testimony ... Needless to say, she is one talented chick!”
Jack B (Son): “Bless you, mommy!”
Max B (Fetus): “Girgle girgle!”
Mike B (Husband): “I’m grateful I get to reap all of the benefits listed above every day. Thanks for everything you are and everything you do for me. I love you!”
7 comments:
That's a super nice birthday gift Mike! Good job and I agree with everyone.
Wow. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, my email box continues to be full of comments (complaints) about Bowling socials that were too long, Badminton nets that were too short and Softball games that were cancelled because it was too rainy and I missed the memo.
Nevertheless, I would like to wish Jill the happiest of all birthdays and echo the sentiments expressed here. She is smart, clever, creative, genuinely funny, caring, thoughtful, pretty, unabashedly unembarrassed, an incredible singer and the list goes on and on.
She and I have worked to create a family film festival and I am continually amazed at here energy, input and leadership. So, Jill... I leave you with one phrase that holds all the possible meanings in the world and comes from the depth of my heart... Spin On!
Happy Birthday Jill! You're awesome! Love ya!
(BTW Mike, great job on the post! If only my hubby would do something so thoughtful...)
Wow! That was awesome. You are so incredible Jill. Have a wonderful birthday!!
Holy Cow! What an awesome and overwhelming surprise I got this morning when I opened up my blog to find a recipe! Thankyou all so much for this amazing gift! I am so grateful for my great friends and family. And Mike, you are SO far ahead in Brownie points! I love you!!! Jill
wow, you got some sick air on that last pic!
You are an amazingly talented woman full of grace and silliness. Every chance I have ever had to work with you I have really enjoyed it. You are so creative, fun and genuinely nice. I hope your birthday was the best. Good luck with the last few month of pregnancy, they will be challenging but I know you will rise to the occasion like always. I admire that generally you have a smile on your face and you can roll with the punches like no one I know!
love ya Jill!
Linda
Jill - hope you had a great B-day! It's great to know I'm not the only one who thinks you're fab.u.lous!!
Post a Comment