Jack and I have a favorite book we like to read at bedtime. It's called Sleepy dog. It follows the story of a tired little Beagle puppy as he makes his way up to bed. Then, as the story progresses, we get to see what the cute little puppy dreams about. The first thing to pop up in the dream bubble is eating. It shows him with a whole hot dog on a fork ready to feast. To this picture, Jack always warns," Too Big Doggie!" "You choke!" The next thing the dog dreams about is Jumping over the moon. " Uh-oh Doggie...too high!" The last dream picture is of the doggie running. " Too fast doggie...you fall down."
These reactions beg the question...Am I an over-protective Mom?
Oh, Jack also scolds me if I even look like I am going to step into the road. "Uh-uh Mommy, tay on da sidewalk"
I think it's adorable. I would much rather be safe than sorry with this little sweetie pie.
2 comments:
That is so cute! He just wants his mama to be safe. And no, you're not too overprotective. One thing I've learned with boys is that they must lack the part of their brain that tells them they might get hurt. Without a mom to tell them no, they'll jump off anything, try anything, etc. All I can say is, Thank goodness we have a hospital so close!
I love it.
Post a Comment