Monday, September 6, 2010

Cloud formations...in Jack's bowl of ice cream


This evening for FHE treat, we had ice cream with Magic chocolate Shell topping. Because the chocolate hardens once it gets cold (that's the magical part), Jack was able to spot some chocolate and creamy shapes in his bowl of ice cream.


Jack: Mom! A hosie...a hosie!!!


I look, and sure enough there is an abstract shape of an ice cream horse (mostly just the head) in his bowl.


Jack continues to eat.


Jack: Mom! Happy bud-day!! Happy bud-day!


As I look into his bowl a second time, I see the magic shell has made a shape that resembles a birthday candle.


Jack eats some more.


Jack: A slide Mom! A slide!


I admit I didn't really see the slide very clearly, but Jack took a big bite and said, "Mmmm..slide good."


Is this normal behavior for a 23 month old? I dare say we are entering genius territory. :-)

3 comments:

Sarah R. said...

Definitely genius. That is so cute. I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I need to call. I need to call a lot of people. For now, let this short comment let you know I care.

highdeekay said...

Phil would say he will make a great artist some day as artists always begin as great observers.

I would say, yup, genius territory fer sure.

Heather said...

So cute!