My awesome little boy turned two yesterday! He has brought so much joy to our family and we feel SO blessed to have him.
Some of my favorite things about Jack:
His politeness. He always give a sincere, "Thank you Mommy!" when I do things for him.
His silliness. He makes us laugh with his faces and teasing. I ask him what his name is and he always answers, "Name is.....(thinking) Grandma!" Name is.....Annie!" "Name is....Christian!" He names all the names he can think of and NEVER says his name is Jack. I always tickle him and tell him those aren't his names. He laughs and laughs.
His intelligence. From a very young age Jack has been easy to communicate with. He can be reasoned with and seems to understand so much. I love watching his eyes as his brain processes information. He also knows a lot of colors. " No, not pink binky...want lellow one" " Look Mommy, it's Ba-loo!" "Fruit nack is dreen". So cute. :-)
His cuteness. What is cuter than a two year olds voice? He is so much fun to listen to. I particularly like listening to him sing (at the top of his lungs) in the shower. I love hearing him make sound effects for his toys too. "See ya Truck...I love you!"
Because I am me, I didn't document EVERY event of Jacks birthday, but some of the high lights were:
Birthday party at Grandmas earlier in the week.
Going to the pumpkin patch and sitting on the tractors.
A cute gum card from Casie. She leaves early for school and got it all ready for Jack before she left.
Blowing out the candles...again, and again, and again. He loved it!
Wandering through a corn maze.
Riding with his head out the sunroof.
A fun surprise from a neighbor. They told Jack he had to pull the rope that would bring him a special box full of little presents. It was really sweet of them to go to all that work for him!
Going to the car wash with Mom. I thought he would enjoy this activity with me. He didn't. Every time the water would crash over the car..(it's loud!) he would scream. Then when the water would stop he would ask me in a forced calm, yet hopeful voice, "All nice and clean now?" Then the water would come again and he would scream again. As soon as the water stopped the screaming stopped and he would say the same thing, "All nice and clean now?" It was so sad, but funny at the same time. After all, what's a birthday if it doesn't involve some terrorizing of the birthday child?
We also had some family over for dinner and dessert. Jack had a fun day.
Oh, and we also had cake for breakfast this morning, but Jack and I promised we wouldn't tell anyone that. :-)
5 comments:
Two is definitely a fun age. Looks like you guys had a great time celebrating!
Wow that went by really fast. Happy Birthday to Jack, I love that age!
I'm so sorry I didn't call you back...what a flake I am. Glad you all had a fun birthday party! Jack is a awesome little dude!!
That's also why I called today was to say Happy Birthday to Jack but then I forgot. He is super cute and I loved reading this post.
That's so sweet! Happy Birthday to Jack!
Post a Comment