Monday, July 12, 2010

Maybe it was the accent....

Earlier that day.....

While gathering at 8 am for a YW hike, me and a bunch of women gripe as we see the skinny, blond, foreign, solicitor riding by on her bike. (oh, and she was wearing short shorts and a tank top)

Me and the Women:

"Seriously...if we WANTED to buy children's books, we would just go to the store"
"Why do they ALWAYS ignore my NO SOLICITING sign on my door?"
"Why in the heck is she out so darn early!?"

Later that day......

Mike: "Hey, by the way,...I may have spent $100 on children's books this afternoon."
Me: "Oh brother...."

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Ooo, Mike is in so much trouble! Seriously, that just makes me laugh and laugh. Do you need us women to beat your husband for you?!

Mindy said...

That is super funny. For sure have mike read this.
At least he cares about your childrens education right?

Mom M. said...

Mike must miss interaction with co-workers, huh?...maybe he needs someone to talk to....better watch the "swamp land in Florida sales person.........I'm laughing outloud at this one.

Jenny said...

Was she from Latvia? I had two cute Latvians come to my house a few weeks ago selling childrens books. I loved their accents and they really were adorable boys, (I'm so old) but unlike Mike, I resisted and did not buy the books!:)

lissa said...

Maybe we should ALL sport short short and a tank top to get what we want (from our hubbies, anyway)?? Shopping, anyone?

:o
:)

lissa said...

Maybe we should ALL sport short short and a tank top to get what we want (from our hubbies, anyway)?? Shopping, anyone?

:o
:)

Sherron said...

Or, maybe it was the tan.

Daniel ordered some books. When he told me how much he spent, I got a 'bit' upset.

He went and educated himself with the cancellation policy.

Marianne said...

Seriously? I'm sure it wasn't the mini-shorts and tank top tanned beauty. He was only thinking about your children's education. I'm sure of it.

Rachel said...

LOL Really?? That's great!!

Brett and Tiffany said...

So funny! To answer your questions...we live 15-20 minutes from Ashton. That is crazy your dad grew up in Marysville! It is a great area!

Linda Barton said...

She talked to my husband too, I asked if he thought the accent might help her sell books, he said...um it couldn't hurt. (I bought some last year, they are kinda cool)

Jenni said...

She tried to sell them to my husband too....until his ornery, sick, pregnant wife went outside and told her there was no way we were going to buy her books so she might as well move on. My husband's wife can be so cruel when she feels like she's going to vomit! (I'm, of course, not admitting to my jerk...y...ness!!!)
That's funny that Mike fell for her beautiful tan and gorgeous, skinny legs...haha, sucker! (I meant that in a loving way.:))