I believe what it says in the scriptures about our making our weaknesses our strengths, so I am just waiting for the day I magically wake up and find that I can keep the cleanest house in the neighborhood. I try,...I really do, but man,I can't seem to get it. Is it possible to be a nice Mom AND have a tidy home? I have found that it's one or the other at our house. I am unveiling the new and improved Summer Job chart on Monday. We will see how it goes. sigh......
PS I have very vivid memories of my Mom tearing up job charts in front of us. Sorry Mom.
4 comments:
The only time I can get my house all clean is when my kids go away for the weekend. Then it stays clean until they are back home for about 5 minutes. It is so hard to do when you have kids. Good luck with the job chart!
Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walks while it's still snowing.
Although I am a big fan of teaching kids to be clean...you just have to find a balance.
And I have recently come to the conclusion that making weaknesses into strenths will never happen to me here in this life...the best I con do so far is try to avoid the weaknesses or at least muddle through the best I can.
Try to find the confluence of "not too bad" and "health code violation." That's the best it's going to be at our house for a while.
Ahhhh, welcome to my world. I found out a long time ago I can't have a totally clean wonderful everything in its place no dust totally organized house and be nice. The two worlds will not exist at one time. I finally had to make peace with that because I was making everyone miserable. It was hard to let that control go and there are many times I have to take deep breaths and just not think about it or my house drives me crazy. Welcome to the club.
Post a Comment