Thursday, February 4, 2010

While we're on the subject of Ellie...

Tonight while we were trying to memorize the third Article of Faith, I found out,.from Ellie that...

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all KIND men may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel."

She is always making us laugh.

And now a word about Annie.

Grandma Madsen is coming over tomorrow to take Annie out on a special "Grandma Shopping trip" for her birthday. Annie has been close to the emotion of AGONY waiting for this blessed day to arrive. Now that it's only 15 hours away, she has a plan. And I quote:
"Mom..in the morning, try to keep me asleep. I don't want a lot of loud talking and moving around. If I sleep until 10:55 then it will only be 5 more minutes until Grandma comes!"
She keeps mentioning that she really really really wants to sleep so those last few hours can speed by. My prediction is that her excitement will wake her up abnormally early and she won't be able to go back to sleep. :-) We shall see.

And now a word about Casie.

Casie is seriously amazing! She is such a great helper and sister. She's been babysitting quite a bit for us lately and doing a wonderful job. (She's also earning a small fortune) I love that I can totally depend on her. She also has a gift for knowing where things are. I don't think she EVER says, "...oh, I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember where"..If she has seen it, she can find it. It's great! (I won't mention that Annie and Ellie can take their shoes off..leave them on the floor...and not be able to find them again in 5 min..) Casie is so smart and level headed too. Our family is so blessed with her agreeable attitude. I also LOVE the way she treats Jack. She is so sweet with him and appreciates his cuteness as much as I do. He always reaches for her and goes to her as eagerly as he does Mike and I. They have a special relationship. He really brings out the best in her.

And now a word about Jack.

I don't think I have EVER met a more content baby. He just wanders around all day in search of new and exciting things...(today he found a whisk and a plunger) He will come to me every so often and say,(while doing the sign) "nack nack". Then I give him a "nack" (snack) and he's off again. (PS I love that he knows some sign language! I truly think that contributes to his happy disposition. He can usually communicate his needs to us without crying. It's great!) He will also snuggle with me! If he gets hurt, or if he's tired, or sometimes, if I'm lucky, he will snuggle for no reason! He loves his blanket and carries it with him everywhere. He really brings so much joy into our home. We all ADORE him!

6 comments:

Heather said...

How sweet! All four of your darling children. Kids are the best and bring soooo much joy!

Mindy said...

Good thoughts. You do have very cute and sweet and funny kids.

Linda Barton said...

Your kids are great! Take it from me, boys are always sweet to their mom! It doesn't change as they get older. Also, if I would have known how much better it was to have a 'built-in babysitter' I would have had more space between my kids....it is a whole new kind of freedom!

Jaz said...

Yay! for those times as a Mom when you can truly see all the best things about your children. I love moments like that!!

lissa said...

Your kids ARE truly great kids!! I feel lucky to know them and see them grow and learn.

Malisa said...

You kids seem so great!