This was a funny post I had to steal from my clever sister Mindy. I thought it was cute.
Dear wooden spoon,
I miss you desperately. Over the past 14 years you have stirred my fudges, rice puddings and kool-aids. You've helped to form a soft ball, hard ball and balls that crack when you put them in cold water.You have even assisted in child rearing with your swats on the bum (or at least the threatenings of them). Why did you have to leave? I last remember seeing you during the holidays. Amidst the hustle and bustle you left me, unnoticed. I hope you find it in your tiny wooden heart to come back. Are you lost upstairs in the bottom of the toy box? Are you sitting in some church house drawer cold and alone? Were you spoon napped during a potluck? There were just so many toddlers opening and closing things. How could I have known? I hope you weren't listening when Kyle said he didn't even know you existed. It was always you and me, you and me.
With all my love,Mindy
3 comments:
Hi, I'm one of Jenni's friends. I thought this was a really cute post. Are you missing your spoon too?
I would be so forlorn without my wooden spoons. And it is so vexing when they go missing. I noticed a crack starting in one of my rubber spatulas the other day and I was so upset! It's my best one!
I wrote that post knowing that if I did the laws of nature would somehow bring that spoon back to me...and it did that very night! So we made caramel popcorn to celbrate his return.
p.s. He was in the top kitchen drawer where he was suppose to be all along, and I am a very good looker (in all ways;}) and I KNOW I had searched that drawer.
Post a Comment