Thursday, July 11, 2013

Honest Abe...(aka Jack)

It was raining, it was cold, we went swimming anyway in the outdoor pool.  In order for kids to be able to get in the hot tub they have to be five.  Jack will be five in 2 months.  Here is the conversation I had with Jack before heading out to the pool.

ME: Jack, if they ask you how old you are then let's say your are five ok? (In my heart I knew I shouldn't had said that, but I also knew how cold he would be...and the serpent  Mike beguiled me and said that Jack was essentially five...and...and...and...)

Jack: (looking up at me with shock and disbelief) But, that's not right.

Me: (sheepishly) You're right..ok we won't do that.

Jack:  It's the rules Mom! And if you tell them I am 5 I will say, MY MOM IS A LIAR!  I'M ONLY FOUR!!!

Me:  (kicking myself..feeling small..and laughing a little)  I am sorry...you are right...good job....

Jack: And if they believe you and give me a wrist band that is blue (indicating that he is 5 or older)  I still won't get in the hot tub!!


No comments: