Thursday, March 14, 2013

Coloring with Uncle Matthew

Instead of trying to catch up on all the wonderful parts of life that have slipped by undocumented, I will just jump right back in and start blogging again from this point.  Sound good? Good.

Matthew, Jessica, and Toa came and visited us last week.  Matthew and Jess are extremely attentive and patient parents (like how I used to be until I grew grumpy and tired).  They really do their best to meet all of two year old Toa's needs and are really sweet to him even when he is in "terrible two mode".   On the last night they were here we felt like we wanted to soak up every minute we had left with them so I let the kids stay up late.  While Jessica was putting Toa down,  I walked in to find Matthew and Jack coloring together.  Matthew would draw Jack a picture then Jack would color it in.  First of all Jack has never, in all the four years I've known him, sat down and colored.  But these two sat like this for an hour!  The thing that touched me the most was that it was past 11pm.  I know Matthew had to be exhausted.  Being a dad is tiring on it's own, but be a patient and attentive dad is super tiring!! I am so glad he took the time to make Jack feel special.  

No comments: