Because a new laundry basket was on my grocery list, I thought I would do my part in saving the planet.
"Oh, no bags for me, just put all my groceries in my basket".
As I walked to my car, I passed another customer entering the store with her "go green" grocery sacks. I felt like we had a little moment as we both mentally congratulated each other on "caring".
Perhaps it was because I was in too big of a hurry to get home and get Casie to piano, or maybe no good deed should go unpunished, but when I took a sharp turn and heard a loud POP, I knew it couldn't be something good. I arrived home to find my basket tipped over and on top of my newly purchased bag of chips. They had been shot all over the trunk. My apples were bruised and rolling to and fro, and my grapes had been juiced. Luckily I hadn't bought any bread.
On a side note, I did see a pretty rainbow on the way home.
5 comments:
Ha! That is fabulous. I totally know the feeling. When you bring in the those "go green" bags, I think it totally stresses the baggers out and so you end up with Clorox mixed in with your apples. Not a pretty sight.
I must confess that I laughed when I read this. Mostly cuz you still saw the silver lining of your rainbow. :)
Sorry about the chips. I guess that you could be glad that you didn't have a dozen eggs all over the place!
I think we're all eternal "little girls" and a rainbow can fix anything.
that's awesome....next time go paper with double plastic around the bottom...you'll fell better.
Post a Comment