Today has been a low key Sunday. Is that a nice word for boring? Casie has a group of friends over right now. They are out playing red-rover and kindly allowing Jack to play too. Annie has been drawing for about 5 hours. Mike is at a meeting. Ellie is up in Logan spending time with Brook. What is a Mom supposed to do? The Church leaders are encouraging us to make the Sabbath more of a delight. I love that thought, but how do I do that? Casie made some peanut butter bars today. Maybe I will load some on a plate and take them to a neighbor. I'll report back when I am done.......
I am grateful for promptings from the Spirit. I prayed and asked if there was anyone who might benefit from a visit from me. Immediatly a lady in my neighborhood came to mind. I hadn't met her before, but I had heard that her adult son had passed away in a ATV accident three weeks prior. I had been wanting to go and give my condolences but hadn't done it yet. I was scared because I had no idea how I would be received, but she was so kind. She is hurting so badly and is so lost. I know that nothing can take away the pain of losing someone you love, but I hope that my visit showed her that I cared and that others think of her in her time of need. I couldn't help but remember the pain of when we lost Max. I was able to share some of my feelings with her and how with time I was able to cope better. She is still in the beginning stages of her grief, but I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of her and is bringing her comfort. I told her that I would come by again and see how she was doing and she said that she would like that.
I am grateful for promptings from the Spirit. I prayed and asked if there was anyone who might benefit from a visit from me. Immediatly a lady in my neighborhood came to mind. I hadn't met her before, but I had heard that her adult son had passed away in a ATV accident three weeks prior. I had been wanting to go and give my condolences but hadn't done it yet. I was scared because I had no idea how I would be received, but she was so kind. She is hurting so badly and is so lost. I know that nothing can take away the pain of losing someone you love, but I hope that my visit showed her that I cared and that others think of her in her time of need. I couldn't help but remember the pain of when we lost Max. I was able to share some of my feelings with her and how with time I was able to cope better. She is still in the beginning stages of her grief, but I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of her and is bringing her comfort. I told her that I would come by again and see how she was doing and she said that she would like that.
1 comment:
I wish we lived closer! I would love to be part of the bearden Sunday's!
Post a Comment