Jack's 5th birthday is coming up. It has been super entertaining talking about all his hopes and wishes for his big day. In our family we get to choose each meal on our birthday. Here is the menu for Jack's big day.
Breakfast: Chicken nuggets and bacon
Lunch: Ice cream
Dinner: Yummy Burritos with sauce. Beans and Tortillas
The Cake: Jack informed me he wanted a My Little Pony cake. I said I could make a cake and put pony's on it. "No" he said, "I want one shaped like a pony". I informed him that it was probably a little too hard for a woman of my skills to pull that one off.
His Response.....
"It's easy peasy! Just go make rice crispy treats and shape them into legs and a body. Then you put the head on and cover the whole thing in fondant. See...easy peasy!!!!.....(thinking)....actually we might need to call Cake Boss and he can bring it on a plane from New York."
My poor child may be a bit disappointed on his big day.
In other child news.....
After scripture study last night someone picked up a ball that had been left on the ground and we started tossing it back and forth amongst the family. Because I am a cheesy Mom and always searching for ways to spread my cheese, I said "Whoever is holding the ball has to say something they like about the person who threw it to them." After establishing my game, I threw it to Annie. She says in a serious, yet mocking tone, "I like that Mom doesn't go out gambling. Instead she stays home and ponders our needs."
I have funny kids.
Breakfast: Chicken nuggets and bacon
Lunch: Ice cream
Dinner: Yummy Burritos with sauce. Beans and Tortillas
The Cake: Jack informed me he wanted a My Little Pony cake. I said I could make a cake and put pony's on it. "No" he said, "I want one shaped like a pony". I informed him that it was probably a little too hard for a woman of my skills to pull that one off.
His Response.....
"It's easy peasy! Just go make rice crispy treats and shape them into legs and a body. Then you put the head on and cover the whole thing in fondant. See...easy peasy!!!!.....(thinking)....actually we might need to call Cake Boss and he can bring it on a plane from New York."
My poor child may be a bit disappointed on his big day.
In other child news.....
After scripture study last night someone picked up a ball that had been left on the ground and we started tossing it back and forth amongst the family. Because I am a cheesy Mom and always searching for ways to spread my cheese, I said "Whoever is holding the ball has to say something they like about the person who threw it to them." After establishing my game, I threw it to Annie. She says in a serious, yet mocking tone, "I like that Mom doesn't go out gambling. Instead she stays home and ponders our needs."
I have funny kids.
1 comment:
what time is breakfast? yum, yum
Post a Comment