What is my recipe for fun at an amusement park you ask? Well,... I must not be hot, I must not have to wait in long lines, I must have good things to eat, I must have happy children, I must be surrounded by family, and no one must puke on me. Our trip to Lagoon today didn't disappoint. As you can see from my first two photo's the dark clouds rolling insured that we were not too hot. Perhaps the forecast also kept the crowds away because the lines were great...(although I am comparing them to the lines we waited in a month ago in Disney World...hmmm...I should blog about that...anyway we waited for 80 MINUTES for one ride!!! Plus it was hot hot hot...PLUS Annie and Casie both puked. Were my requirements for fun fulfilled? No they were not!)
Ok, here is where things got a little crazy for a while. Casie somehow talked me into going on the Sky coaster with her. Basically they haul you up a million miles and then let you drop in a swinging fashion. Casie has ALWAYS been a dare devil and I have ALWAYS been a wimp. For some reason I agreed to do this ride with her.
I told Melissa she couldn't touch her mascara until I took a pic.
Here's the whole crew waiting out the storm.
I didn't get any pics of Annie and Ellie, but they had a blast today. Ellie is turning out to be quite the adventurer. She took on every scary roller coaster and craved the next big thing. Annie is taking after her mother a little more. It actually pleased me to see how unaffected she was by our peer pressure. If there was a ride she thought looked too scary she simply said, "I'm not going on it." There was nothing anyone could do to change her mind. It was a fact. She is leaps above where I was at her age. She did a few scary rides and enjoyed them. Jack was a joy. He loved all the little rides and was the only one who wasn't ready to leave when the time came. He fell into a deep sleep 3.2 seconds into our car ride home.









3 comments:
Lagoon is definitely a Summer 2012 highlight! Thanks for the fun day and pics :)
I am thrilled beyond words to see a new post!!! I faithfully check every other day for months and months...
Sounds like a super fun day at Lagoon! Proud of you for doing that swinging thing. I would NEVER have the nerve.
YAY. A post! Sounds like a fun day. After loving it last year, we decided our annual Lagoon trip will always be during Frightmares.
Post a Comment