Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Two year old BOY

Oh boy.  Oh boy. Oh boy...am I having fun raising this little boy of mine.  One of my favorite things to do is note the personality difference between him and my girls.  For example.....

When my girls were two, I tenderly taught them to fold washcloths.  They would spend hours...(well, maybe more like minutes and minutes), carefully matching the corners together, then matching the corners together again, then softly adding them to their perfect little washcloth pile.  Often, once the pile was completed, they would unfold them all and start over.  Occasionally the washcloths would turn into a sleeping bag for their dolly.  Either way, it usually bought me the time I needed to complete the load of laundry I was folding.  Yesterday I tried to teach Jack to fold a washcloth.  After sloppily matching the corners together he picked it up, wadded it into a ball, and chucked it across the room.  Then he was off to his next adventure. 

Last night as I was tucking Jack in, I tried to start a game of "Favorite things."  I got him to answer that "Red" was his favorite color, and that "noodles" was his favorite food.  After that, I guess he got bored because suddenly he cut me off and said, "Mom, let's talk about poop."  

I am so glad I have both boys and girls.  Both genders provide me with much entertainment. :-)

7 comments:

Mom said...

How true is this post! Love it!

Sincerely, "Keeper of Boys"

:-)

highdeekay said...

Jack is a true VMer.

Amber said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is hilarious! I have yet to have those conversations! But, i totally relate to the washcloth folding, making into a 'blanket' for their baby, and wrapping paper for a 'present' for their pretend baby bday party! :) LOVE IT!

DaNette said...

How funny! We are just now starting the washcloth thing at our house. I was surprised to see how intense Livia was about it seeings how Ander never put any such concern into washcloth's, but I'm finding out it must be a universal girl enjoyment.

You are right about boys and girls, they are different and are so fun in their different ways.

Crystal said...

That is so cute! Since I have all boys, I didn't know you could teach your kids to fold washcloths. I guess that's because they'd all end up thrown all over the room (just like everything else).

lissa said...

Oh that is awesome! I think they grow out of the "talk about poop" stage - wait...our hubbies haven't so maybe they don't. Here's hoping...:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jack has some Hintze in him! Did he get it wet before he threw it?

You might remember the trama of folding DIAPERS! Sometimes there would be spiders in them becuase they'd sat at the bottom of the stairs so long.

Mom